Monday, January 30, 2012

Back!

I don’t know the exact time frame that people are allowed to say ‘happy new year’ but I’ll say it anyway. Happy New Year! Well, 2012 is already here with us and it seems like we won’t be casting the ballots any time soon. Such an anti-climax, right?

It has been over a year since I last posted anything here. Shoot me! Hehe.. Seriously, this is not something that I’m particularly proud of, I’m just glad that I have my inspiration back. Honestly, it feels like I’ve just returned from a long trip and I’m now back to normal life ready to fold up my sleeves and get down to business. …Or so I hope. In this one year I’ve observed a lot of stuff and experienced quite a handful as well.  

Reviewing the year 2011 in all aspects, there’s quite a lot to talk about. Revolutions in North Africa and other Arab countries, the demise of Nobel Laurent Wangari Mathaai, Kenya’s medal sweep at Daegu, the free fall of the Kenyan shilling and the spiraling cost of living are the first issues that instantly come to mind. On a personal level my 2011 involved changing jobs, moving house, quite a bit of traveling, making new friends and losing others while at it.

Seeing that 2012 has started with the sun choosing to parade all its relatives by having all of them come out in large numbers, I'll now head out to look for more sleeveless attire to befit this heat wave. See you in the next post!